Once your projects are published, the player offers some options and functions to the users:
- Play/pause: basic control to stop and resume the video.
- Playback rate:─normal and different levels of fast and slow. Only available on desktop devices.
- Subtitles: enables the icon for their display, as well as the list of languages available for the end user.
- Embed code of the interactive vídeo.
- Mute: only available on desktop devices.
- Full Screen.
- Webview bypass (only for iOS devices). By activating it, you enable the display of a small alert on iOS devices when an interactive video is opened in a different app, rather than Safari and Chrome.
The appearance of the player is customizable, you can choose which options and functions are available during playback, from the Appearance tab of your project.
The listed options above are set by clicking on the checkbox next to them. The default parameters are Play/Pause, Mute and watch the project on Full screen.
Screen: the player controls are becoming available by clicking on any place of the screen(Show: on button tap/click) or by clicking on a specific button which shows them(Show: on button tap/click). Both options are covering the screen and pausing the playback of the project. To continue playing the video, user can just click on any place on screen. The gif image at the beginning of this article showcase this setting.
Bar: Displays all the selected controls and is very similar to the traditional video player. Clicking on any of its buttons the PlayFilm doesn't pause. The provided options for the bar display are
- On screen tap/click: the bar is not visible unless there has be a mouse move or a screen tap.
- On button tap (mobile) / Always (desktop): provides different solutions for both desktop and mobile devices.
When using the bar, a care should be taken when placing elements on screen. The bar overlays interactive elements which are placed at the same position, therefore, they are not clickable, when this happens.
None: No controles will be used, the playback of the project is left to how the interactive composition has been set.
Is a parameter available only when a button is needed to show the controls. It allows you to choose on where to place this button and reduces the possible user experience problems when clicable elements are having the same position as the player bar.