Although less versatile than the Mighty Button, Infinite Content will become one of your favourite interactivities due to the possibility it offers to open a window toward the Internet, perfectly integrated into the player.
What is Infinite Content?
As its literal meaning suggests, this interactivity is essentially an iframe-type window fully customizable making it possible to look out any website and, this way, an infinity of content. You can dispose it at any place of the player window and assign to it the size you most wish. Besides, it can be displayed automatically or after interacting with a caller.
What is it useful for?
In essence, Infinite Content is useful for integrating external content into an interactive video, giving the chance to carry out a high amount of actions without abandoning the video.
- There is a great deal of practical usages, and we bet you are probably thinking of a few of them right now, as well as the number of applications you can find for it.
- For instance, linking an Infinite Content to each object or product appearing in a video, loading a URL with information about the product and a purchase button, making this way the video into a direct selling catalogue, starting from the video.
- Another example: to use it in a promotional video for the tourism sector in which every Infinite Content opens a sheet with information on a monument or location, and the possibility of getting tickets to visit it.
- Abrir un formulario dentro del vídeo mismo de manera que el usuario puede dar sus detalles de contacto, etc.
- You can also use it to embed videos from external sources such as YouTube or Vimeo. Have a look at the article Set an action show iframe to learn more about this usage.
Requirements of linked content
As it is mentioned in the HTTPS: a safe protocol, the content linked in the iframe window has to use a safe protocol, meaning, the URL to which you link Infinite Content has to begin with HTTPS. That is the reason why to be able to use the iframe window, you will have to click on the arrow of the URL box so that PlayFilm checks that the link is valid.